Saturday, October 6, 2007

Alan Jackson and working your way to Heaven...

Alan Jackson has a popular song... Maybe you recognize the lyrics....

Where I Come From

'Cause where I come from it's cornbread and chicken
Where I come from a lotta front porch pickin'
Where I come from tryin' to make a livin'
Workin' hard to get to heaven
Where I come from


Did you see that... "Workin' hard to get to Heaven" What?
You see this is the problem with the old fashioned, southern USA, country mentality....

The old thinking is this: If you are good enough, and work hard enough you will go to Heaven...

I have one word for that.... Hogwash!

If you were to die today would you go to Heaven?
If you were to die ten years from now would you go to Heaven?

The answer depends on whether you fully trust Jesus to get you there.
If you say, “I don’t know about 10 yrs from now… I might lose my salvation.” Or "If I am good enough" You are not fully trusting in Christ to save you, which is very, very dangerous.

If you are depending on getting to Heaven by what you do, or don’t do, you are basing your salvation on your works…
Those that base their salvation on their works will go to Hell..

Think about it like this…. If you could get to Heaven by yourself, why did Christ die?

It is only through his shed blood on Calvary that you can go to Heaven…
And only through trusting Him… faith… do you have access to the blood.

Eph 2:8-9: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Do you see the NOT OF WORKS part?

If you are working yourself to Heaven, you are on your way to Hell…
Stop today… put your trust in Him… your whole trust.

It is the only way to save your life!

I hope Alan Jackson realizes this.

No comments: