Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Revival

What does the word "Revival" mean to you...

To me it means to renew that promise I made yrs ago to God.
Maybe you made the same promise..."If you save me, I will serve you no matter what."

Have you made that promise?
If so, do you keep it?

It is so easy for us to let our promises to God slide. But God expects you to keep them. Are you serving Faithfully? Or are you MIA... Missing In Action?

God needs us to fulfill our promises and duties...
When you are MIA you suffer...
Other Christians suffer...
Jobs go undone...
People are not helped...
Souls go to Hell...
Are you shirking your duties?
Do you make your other brothers and sisters pick up the slack because you are not fulfilling your promises?
Have you promised God something...

Maybe you bargained with God in prayer....

Maybe like this...

"Oh God, if you give me... ____________... I promise I will attend church more, pray more, be a better Christian, read your bible more, witness more, serve in church more, help others.......blah, blah, blah"

Then God answered your prayer....

Whatever it is you promised God you would do... God expects you to keep your promises..

If you don't keep your promise, can you really expect God to answer your prayers the next time you try to bargain with him?

Our church will be having Revival services the last part of the week.
A local pastor, John Vetter, will be preaching.

For me, these services are important, because it is a time for me to examine myself, and to make some changes in my life that reveal God's love in a more clear way to the world.

It is a time to allow God to clean my heart, get all the junk out, and renew my spirit.

Even as a Pastor, I make mistakes... and need to repent.

Is there something you need to repent of?
Is there a promise you are not keeping?

If so, talk honestly to God... He will forgive you.... then keep your promise.

No comments: